Friday, September 16, 2011

Back.

I decided to start this blog up again. I'm getting inspired to actually write about what's going on with my photography. I'm actually in a class as I write this. It's a Friday and my brain is totally fried. I can't pay attention anymore.
Anyway, I have decided to do some things that are more personal. In my Capstone (like senior seminar) class, we can do whatever we want. I'm going to explore topics that actually mean things to me. I'm looking to turn creating into a form of therapy. I'm tired of keeping my feelings out of my work. It's lacking something and I think that thing is emotion and feelings. I've been hesitant to do so before because I was worried about showing vulnerability. I don't want others to see that as a weakness and attack it. But I don't care anymore. I'll never see my classmates again after graduation. I really just don't care anymore. I don't care if they judge me and think that I'm crazy. It's time to make art for me.

2 comments:

  1. In my opinion showing emotion in your work is a big strength and it takes so much courage. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't either. xD I'm going to do a piece about what it's like to have depression, anxiety, and insomnia (the conditions almost always go together) this week.

    ReplyDelete